18 June 2008

This Modern World

I know this technology has been widely-available for a good, solid 12-14 years now. And it was available to a more limited audience for a few years before that. But I can't help but get a sort of "gee, whiz" reaction every time I use it. Earlier today, for example, I sent and received an amount of information roughly equivalent to one or two volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica. In years past, that would have been a day-long chore. In decades past, that would have taken the whole week. But today-- 18th June 2008-- I did it in a matter of minutes. Seconds, really. And even someone as techno-illiterate as me was able to do it alone, with virtually no difficulty at all. Wow. Thanks, Mr. Gore. You've made my life a lot easier.

But I'm still glad you lost that election.

No comments: