21 May 2008

Those predictions? More useless than ever!

I have, on a couple of occasions, edited my posts due to glaring typos or spelling errors. I didn't give it much thought, but have slowly realized that there is no way for readers to tell if a post has been edited or not. And even after a post does get edited the date & time listed remains the same as it was when the comment was initially posted. Which means there is no way to tell exactly *When* a post was "finalized", no matter what the date and time say.

As you can readily see, this makes the whole concept of blog "predictions" even twice as absurd as they were before. I'll give Scout's honor-- can a Webelos still give Scout's Honor?-- that anything labeled a "prediction" has Not been edited. And other comments not so-designated, but which still speak of specific events in the future-tense, have also Not been edited. But it is the sort of thing that you'll have to take my word for, I'm afraid.

No comments: